Joe Y.F. Lau
BA (Oxford) PhD (MIT)
Philosophy Department, The University of Hong Kong.
My research area is mainly in the philosophy of mind and cognitive science. But I teach a variety of different courses, including critical thinking, and more recently, the philosophy of food. This web site provides some information about my work and has a big collection of teaching material. The site is perpetually in flux.
- My courses, books, teaching notes on the philosophy of mind
- Critical thinking web - A website I have developed with over 100 online tutorials on critical thinking, logic and creativity
- Studying philosophy - a brief introduction
- Philosophy book recommendations - to be updated.
- Formal logic textbooks - good introductory books
- Presentation Files - files used in talks, open days, etc.
- Awards - shameless advertising